Friday, March 6, 2009

The Love of a Sister

Melodina and her sister Harmony were very close. Harmony is eleven years older and a better sister/sister relationship I have never seen. Harmony wrote the following:

For eighteen years, you were my girl
The closest blood I had
You understood my very soul
And fights with Mom and Dad

The day you came into this world
Was one of joy and pride
From that day on I was sure I’d have
A sister by my side

And although you were the younger one
You inspired me each day
To live my life with zest and zeal
The “Melodina” way

There couldn’t have been better aunt
For my daughter or my son
And though you loved them like a mom
I admit you were more fun

On weekends we would lounge in bed
Sharing jokes and secrets too
Sisters, friends and biggest fans
That was me and you

Your greatest battle was fought in bed
Not on the mats or slopes
But this was one you could not win
Despite our prayers and hopes

In eighteen years you touched more hearts
Than any of us knew
And though your spirit still inspires
I will always miss having you

No comments: