Saturday, December 19, 2009

The story continues

The one thing that helps me cope with Melodina's death more than anything else is the fact that she inspired so many in her short life. She continues to inspire and I enjoy sharing some of these stories with you.

I told you in my last posting that a Nurse from Sick Kids was running in the Olympic Torch Relay with a picture [see below] that Melodina drew in her pocket. Here is what the nurse wrote to us about the experience. "All of the torch bearers had a chance to say something before we began running and I spoke of how this was a dream of mine and to inspire my children to go for their dreams. And then I spoke of Melodina and her dream to go to the Olympics. Not a dry eye on the bus. I still get emotional typing about it."

I feel that Melodina's story needs to be told. Her life was truly inspirational. Even in death she is somehow able to help motivate and encourage people. It is an awesome feeling and I am inspired by all who use her story in their own lives and share it with others.

No comments: