Friday, May 29, 2009

Wondering Why

While Melodina was alive she inspired people with her ability to stay positive about the future through incredible suffering. I was thinking (and crying) this morning remembering. One of the main thoughts that helped me cope with Melodina's disease and suffering was the idea that if she could come through everything she had to face she would be an incredible inspiration to many, many people. I could just not understand how anyone who had been as healthy as she could get as sick as she did unless it was to somehow help others.

My false faith told me that the reason for the suffering was so that she could live and help others. What I didn't know was that she would die. What I didn't know was the number of people who were being and would be inspired by Mel's strength, her courage and her indomitable faith. I was right in thinking that Melodina would inspire many many people in a great many ways. I did not realize that she didn't need to live to accomplish that.

Recently a High School in Kitchener held a fund raiser for Cancer. Kids got together and formed Team Mel and donated their time and money in Melodina's name. They are inspired. I am inspired. I will be riding soon in the National Kids Cancer Ride in Melodina's name. I had hoped to ride with her but I will ride in her name. Within the next few days I will post information about how you can sponsor me and donate to cancer research. Please consider doing so, if you can. Everything helps and your money will help save lives and reduce suffering for children well into the future. I will be back to you soon with a posting containing the details of my participation in the ride and how you can be involved. Until then, smile, life is amazing.

No comments: